Friday, March 9, 2012

2nd batch of ukrainian eggs done

   Just finished the 2nd batch of ukrainian chicken eggs with the extra fine kitska tip. There's a lot of detail on those eggs- very lacy looking. I chose 2-3 colors and the white of the egg to keep the design from being overwhelming (well, more overwhelming than they already are). You'll notice there are 19 total. Why 19, you ask? Because one had cracks in the base that wasn't noticeable until dipped into it's second color. I guess it's true what they say, "Don't count all your eggs until they're safely out of the dye bath and on your varnish drying board." And even then, you still have to get them to your galleries in one piece!
   Which brings me to my next point....the first of my ukrainian egg demonstrations is happening this weekend, Saturday, March 10th, from 11:00am-2:00pm at Art on Main in Bristol. Come visit me at the gallery, have a little lunch at the Bobcat Cafe, do a little shopping at the gallery and downtown, visit my other favorite shop, Honey Lights.....it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment