Thursday, March 15, 2012

3rd batch of ukrainian eggs done for 2012


I have just finished the third batch of ukrainian chicken eggs. As you can see in the first photo, the fourteen eggs have been waxed and ready to be dipped in their respective dyes. There is a lot of detail on these eggs, as I have been using my extra fine electric kitska to add a large amount of the white of the egg that will remain untouched by each successive dye. It gives the eggs a very lacy impression. The middle photo shows one pullet egg in the batch next to a regular size chicken egg. These are really fun to do, as you have seen in my earlier blogs. The last photo are the finished eggs. I kept most of the eggs three colors plus the white of the egg since the designs were so busy. I'm not sure which colors are my favorite, but I have noticed that people really like the blue and white eggs quite a bit. The next batch on my work bench is a dozen animal and mixed geometric eggs that I will leave partially unfinished for the next egg demonstration- which reminds me to remind all of you-


I will be in Montpelier on Saturday, March 17th, on St. Patrick's day at the Drawing Board Art Supply Store from 12:00pm-2:00pm. The store is fun to browse around in and pick up art supplies and  ukrainian egg decorating kits if you'd like to try decorating some eggs (after I give you some helpful hints, of course). Come down and make a day of it! Montpelier has some great little specialty shops and some great restaurants. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment