Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guest Photographer Ron Russotti joins Precision Art Studio Group

I'd like to introduce my second guest sitting with me for the  Vermont Crafts Council Open Studio Tour during the Memorial Day Weekend. Fellow artist and neighbor Ron Russotti will be showing his digital photography. This is a sample of some of the work you will see during your visit to my studio. Ron loves macro photography, as is evident in this photo montage. The photos of blooms and leaves with dew glistening on them are wonderful (I almost said "mouth-watering", but then that would make me a bee!). Ron also loves photographing butterflies of all shapes, colors and sizes and is quite knowledgeable on many species. I am especially fond of the iconic landscapes he chooses. One of my favorite landmarks is the very recognizable Nubble Light House in Maine. But perhaps my all time favorite has to be the image in the upper left of the postcard. If you are an Essex native, you know this iconic scene of the bedazzled tree driving by on Route 15 diagonally across from the Lang Farm and their Nursery. The lighted tree would herald the coming of the Holiday season. It is my understanding that the tree has not been lit in a few years, which makes this image very missed and sought after. In addition to matted photographic prints, Ron will also have cards and magnets of his images, as well as a process known as laminage.

No comments:

Post a Comment