Sunday, February 24, 2013

Second batch of Ukrainian eggs for 2013

     Hot off the bench! And with a new puppy ( resting for now ) at my feet! This particular batch was done on very light beige eggs compliments of Rob Hunter, Manager at Frog Hollow in Burlington. Thanks, Rob! They were fun to work on. The background color of the egg gives the design a slight antique patina. I had fun designing the "Doll eggs", as my daughter has dubbed them while taking a photo for me. I thought they resembled Russian Nesting dolls, myself. These eggs were alot of work, and took much longer to do! I had to hand-paint the faces with the egg dye and a paint brush- much like a watercolor, and then wax over it and continue on with the clothing and decoration (a lot of paisley in the background)!
     We are coming up on my first Ukrainian Egg Demonstration for 2013 very soon, and I am getting ready! I hope to see you at Artists' Mediums in Williston on Saturday, March 2nd, from 12-2:00pm!

2 comments:

  1. I think the doll eggs are some of my favorites so far. You are getting great results when you paint with the dye, especially with the combination of the harder-edged patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! I really enjoyed doing these. I hope your egging is going well! I can't wait to see what you do!

      Delete